Discounts for training to help prevent foodborne illness.
Programs developed, managed, and certified by National Restaurant Association Solutions. ORA members get 15% off all products, including online courses.
Important: Both ServSafe online and classroom training options meet the State of Ohio’s food safety training requirements as follows:
Ohio level one certification in food protection – ServSafe Food Handler
Ohio level two certification in food protection – ServSafe Manager
Students - Find a Class, Instructor or Proctor:
- Ohio State University Extension Instructors, Proctors and Classes by County
- Ohio State University Extension ServSafe Instructors
ServSafe® 6th Edition New Content from the FDA Food Code Update Student Version (click here)
Instructor Resource Center
Learn how to become ServSafe Food Safety Recertified
Customer Care and Help: Exams and Certifications
What are Ohio Food Handler Requirements?
The manager has to ensure employees are trained in food safety as it relates to their assigned duties. For more information CLICK HERE or contact:
Ohio Alcohol Regulations
State of Ohio, Alcohol Regulations page.
Order ServSafe Materials:
- Call NRA at 800-765-2122
- Ext. 6701 for Customer Service
- Ext. 6703 for the Certification Dept.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 866-665-9572
- ServSafe Price List
Certification in food protection training in Ohio consists of two levels
The ServSafe Ohio Food Handler Program is an approved course for Ohio's Level One Certification in Food Protection requirement. For Ohio ServSafe Food Handler, purchase the SSECT5OH to be considered for acceptance regarding Level 1 training in the state. The Ohio training program meets Ohio Job-Specific Guidelines. The current price is $15.00 retail, $12.75 for ORA members online and $5.00 retail, $4.25 ORA members print.
About Ohio’s Level One Certification in Food Protection requirement: Effective March 1, 2010, the certification in food protection rule, 3701-21-25 of the Administrative Code, was amended to require basic food handler certification covering the principles of food service operations in three situations:
- persons in charge of a new food service operation or retail food establishment;
- persons in charge of a food service operation or retail food establishment when the local health department has documented failure to maintain sanitary conditions; and
- persons in charge of a food service operation or retail food establishment that has been implicated in a foodborne disease outbreak. More >
The ServSafe Manager Food Safety Program is an approved training program for level two certification in food protection, which has been Ohio’s certification program since 1973. It s a more extensive training for the food manager and meets the requirement for demonstration of knowledge in rule 3717-1-02.4 (B) of the Administrative Code.
For more information, CLICK HERE.
Why choose ServSafe?
CLICK HERE to read the most commonly asked ServSafe questions.
We make it convenient
- Classroom or online training and online or written exam options are available.
- Multicultural products ensure the training and exams are understood by those speaking a variety of languages, including Spanish, Chinese and Korean.
We make it affordable
ORA members receive a 15% discount on all ServSafeFood and Alcohol Safety training and certification products. The ServSafe Price List is available here.
We make it count
- ServSafe Food Safety certification is valid for five years.
- ServSafe Alcohol Safety training certification is valid for three years.
- Employee training tools help reinforce all critical practices with other food handlers.
- ServSafe Print and Online programs are approved by the State of Ohio.