If you are interested in serving your industry in this capacity, please contact Roy Getz, ORA nominating committee chairman, at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than May 31, 2017.
Getz, President, Top Notch Restaurant Group, is leading the newly-developed ORA Nominating Committee and is pleased to announce this first annual call for applicants.
“It is important that we add board members who align with the core values of the ORA. We are looking for highly talented leaders who are passionate, diverse, engaged, bright, Industry thought leaders, Getz said. "Serving on the board of the Ohio Restaurant Association is an opportunity to make a meaningful impact to Ohio’s Restaurant Industry. My service on the board has enabled me to be a stronger leader, and I’ve had the chance to give back in a meaningful way to our industry. Don’t miss your chance to serve the ORA as well as play a role in moving our industry forward."
ORA values and seeks diverse leadership as defined by race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, appearance, geographic location and professional level. It seeks leaders from all types and sizes of eligible organizations.
There are many benefits of serving as a volunteer leader, including:
· Playing a significant role in advancing the industry;
· Having an opportunity to enhance the value of ORA and the ORA Education Foundation to the Ohio restaurant industry.
· Accessing up-to-date information about the challenges facing the profession; and
· Exchanging ideas and perspectives with other volunteer leaders.
The Nominating Committee has identified a number of desired attributes that will be part of the selection process for new board members. Applicants should possess:
- Alignment with ORA core values.
- Experience as an independent restaurant operator, franchisee or senior team leader.
- Demonstrated leadership and engagement in the Ohio foodservice industry.
- Ability and resources to attend four board meetings per year , participation on a committee, attend most ORA events: Idea Factory, Alliances, Town Halls, PAC fundraisers, golf outing and $500 contribution to the ORA PAC.
- Positive leadership attributes, emotional intelligence, ability to work collaboratively and engage in appropriate debate and discussion when needed, and visionary and strategic drive.
- Demonstrated ability of new and innovative programs within their sphere of influence. Examples include but are not limited to incorporating strategy, leadership, future focus, risk taking and an entrepreneur spirit.