The Ohio Restaurant Association (ORA) presents Industry Awards is an annual event that honors members for distinguished careers and service in the foodservice industry. The 2019 event will be held in Columbus on Sunday, January 13 in conjunction with the 2019 Mid-America Restaurant Expo at the Greater Columbus Convention Center.
Award Categories and Criteria
- The Claude F. Morton, Jr. Lifetime Achievement Award: The ORA’s highest award given to one restaurateur for exceptional lifetime service to the restaurant industry and his/her community. Nominees must have been an ORA member for 10+ years.
- "Outstanding Restaurateur" Award: A restaurateur(s) recognized for his/her extraordinary contributions to the restaurant industry – a leader that implements innovative ideas, demonstrates passion for the industry and their community. One winner selected from the following regions: Northern Ohio, Central Ohio and Southern Ohio.
- “Outstanding Vendor" Award: A company recognized for its exceptional service to the restaurant community.
- “Outstanding Public Official” Award: This award honors public officials who fight for the best interest of small business owners and the restaurant community.
- Outstanding Industry Educator: This award honors an educator who has demonstrated exceptional dedication to the advancement of the Ohio foodservice industry.
- Front of the House Award: Serves as a model employee by displaying an outstanding work ethic, excellent customer service and is a leader amongst their peers. Nominees must be in a non-managerial position at an Ohio Restaurant Association member restaurant.
- Back of the House Award: Serves as a model employee by displaying an outstanding work ethic, excellent attention to detail and is a leader amongst their peers. Nominees must be in a non-managerial position at an Ohio Restaurant Association member restaurant.